This Thursday marks a critical moment in the fight against the sale of Hydro One. Ontario cannot afford the risk of privatizing Hydro One.
A sale of Hydro One means:
- a loss of accountability and public oversight
- a loss of $338 million in annual provincial government revenue needed for schools and hospitals
- a loss of millions of dollars more for municipal governments through privatization of local electricity companies
- a loss of public control and an ability to influence environmental initiatives
- a loss for consumers - North American experience shows service goes down and prices go up when public utilities are privatized